Word could not describe

Word could not describe
Citizen Maisey at Lincoln Memorial

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Maisey!

Steve reflects on Maisey's Second Birthday
Our little girl is two today!  Today we will have a very small birthday celebration followed by a larger one later this month.  This is likely her first birthday celebration, as we're not so sure they celebrated birthdays at the orphanage.  Last year at this time, while her first birthday was passing we didn't even know her.  It wasn't until April 16th of last year that we got our referral and saw her picture for the first time.

Birthdays are an interesting milestones, they mark the passage of time, achievement in our lives, friends made and lost, and often cause me to be very reflective.  As I reflect on Maisey's birthday, I can't help but feel all warm and happy inside.  She has ignited a flame on our family.  A flame of joy and laughter that a year ago I could not have imagined.  A year ago, she was in an orphanage in China, not knowing what it was like to sleep on a mattress, not knowing what a full stomach felt like or looked like.  Now she often points at her stomach with pride whenever her shirt is off.  A year ago she didn't know what a loving hug was or felt like, now none of us could live without them.

It's a great day for our family today our little girl is in her forever home, she has unconditional love, and so do w
e.

Thank you Lord, it's truly been the year of your bountiful blessing.

Lisa Reflects on Maisey's Second Birthday

Dear Maisey Mae,

Today is your second birthday and I want to write down what is in my heart.  First of all, I love you so much!  A year ago, we didn't know you.  Seven months ago, we only knew your face from 5 grainy photos.  But today, we have the privilege of knowing you.  Hugging you.  Kissing you.  Seeing your amazing smile.  Today, I can see you wake up.  Today,  I can hug your neck.  Today, I can watch you play.  Today, I can tell you how much I love you.  And today, I can show you how much I love you.  You have firmly planted yourself in my heart and I am so grateful.  You belong here in my heart.  You belong in our family.  You are pure joy and you are home.

Love,
Mommy



3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Maisey! Sending you so much love, Aunt Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maisey,
    It is a JOY having you in my life. You are a very special LOVING child and you fill my live with happiness. Love you always Aunt Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to know more about one of the kids you met at the Tianhe SWI. Please contact me. mahoney111@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete