Word could not describe

Word could not describe
Citizen Maisey at Lincoln Memorial

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Where We Are Now

Things are moving along. Last week, we received our Letter Seeking Confirmation. This is China's approving our referral and allowing us to proceed. It is a very big step. We expected it to take 1-3 months, and we received it in just a couple of weeks. Now, we are waiting for the United States to catch up. We received our appointments at the Department of Homeland Security to be fingerprinted next week. Once that is done, we are waiting for our I-797C form. This is basically a general immigration form. Once we receive it, we have to apply for Maisey's immigration and visa. It is only after we receive these two things that we can send everything back to the adoption agency and work on travel dates. We are still several steps away, but it is great to be moving along.

This month, we are four years into this adoption process. One year to complete all of the initial paperwork, and three years logged in and waiting. It is so amazing to know that we are this close, yet so difficult to look at that sweet face and not be able to go get her yet. It overwhelms me how in love I am so quickly. Although, I know there is a flood of emotion I haven't even begun to let out, too. When I had my boys, as the doctor placed each one of them on my stomach after they were born, I looked into their eyes and was instantly, overwhelmingly in love. I talked to so many people as we waited for this baby. Everyone said that we would know, just know, who our baby was and I believed them. I really did. But still, it caught me by surprise. That flood. That certainty. That overwhelming, instant, forever love. And all I have are five, grainy pictures. It is enough, though. Enough to know. I can't wait to see who this little one is and how she will forever change our family. Make her mark. Grow us. Teach us. 

Lisa


I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
(Psalm 139:14 NIV84)



4 comments:

  1. beautifully written! so thankful to share this short part of the long road that's led to sweet maisey girl......completely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not so annonymous, heidi m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maisey, Your Mommy is so correct with the flood of emotion. As you Aunt I do have to say my heart is so full with the Love I have for you. Uncle Dave is looking down from Heaven with the Biggest Brightest Smile. He was so happy for Your Family when they told us they were going to adapt all those years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, so excited for you! Can't wait to watch and read your journey.

    ReplyDelete