Word could not describe

Word could not describe
Citizen Maisey at Lincoln Memorial

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A New Day!


The last 12 hours will be among the most memorable of my life!  And I slept for 6 of them.  After soothing Maisey and getting her a little more comfortable with us, she was finally willing to eat.  We were getting a little concerned as she normally eats at 5:00 according to her caregiver, and it was nearly 10:00. 

We gave her a sippie cup with some rice formula and she drank the whole thing.  She even let me feed her some rice cereal, although she wasn’t really that interested. She did a bit of FaceTime (video chat) with her brothers, both of her grandmothers, Uncle Scott, and Aunt Lori. 

We then put her in the bed with us so she could see us while she settled into sleep.  With the king bed there was more than enough room for her, and she slept like a champ.  For the record, Lisa had her first good night’s sleep since April 16th (the day we knew Maisey was matched to us.)

As I sit up at 5:00AM Beijing time, I’m reading though all the comments and words of encouragement from our friends and family.  I’m overwhelmed.  I was literally moved to tears when I received a photo from our friends at church of the whole bunch of them cheering in front of a photo of Lisa and Maisey from our blog.  I feel that they, among many others, have gone though this with us at least in part.  It made it so much easier knowing that so many people shared our moments of hope and heartbreak. 

So now we enter the next phase, the mission.  All the pre-work, paperwork, inspections, interviews, the travel to China, the touring, all of it, have been a run-up to this moment!  What’s next?  Well this is not the end of our blog, and certainly not the end of this story.  Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog piece. The picture of your Church Friends also moved me to Tears. My Love and prayers are with the three of you. I am so happy Maisey did eat for you. She will Love her new family because she will realize she has the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's hard not to be teary eyed at this amazing journey! even though many of us had seen the picture of lisa & maisey when we woke sunday morning, there was such an undescribable joy here yesterday as we witnessed that same picture together in community. we love you guys and are continuing to pray daily for your time together in china. congratulated the boys on being big brothers & just picture the moment when S told me that maisey smiled at him....yep, cartoon boy smile all over his face!
    ginormous hugs!!
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning! You don't know me but I work with your Dad, Lisa, at GE Shelton (I'm the one who sent the book! :)). I just want to say congratulations!!!!!! Maisey is adorable! I know what you are going through - the elation and the exhaustion - reading your blog reminds me of all of it! (I went without sleep for a full 72 hours when I adopted Jess - ugh! - but worth it!) Mine is 13 now, and I'd love to meet you someday so you can see what you'll have in another dozen years - haha! Blessings and I'll look forward to your updates.

    Susan Thompson
    Monroe, CT

    ReplyDelete