Word could not describe

Word could not describe
Citizen Maisey at Lincoln Memorial

Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Walk in the Park

Today we had a fairly quiet day.  We had a very casual breakfast, and then returned to our room for an hour or so before meeting our guide Jenny in the lobby.  Once we met we left for a park in Nanchang.  The park is the major park for the residence of Nanchang.  It's beautiful.  Lots of people doing all sorts of things even a retiree practicing his Chinese calligraphy using a brush and water on the sidewalk.  See photo below.


Water Calligraphy
Water Calligraphy


There was even a celebrity spotted!  All the high school students spotted someone and insisted on getting their picture taken with him.  See photo below.

Daddy and Maisey photo opp.
 Other Photos
XL and XXXXXS
Pretty Bow


Coi Pond

Coi !!
Just as we were leaving we had a very interesting moment.  While our car was just about to pull up, a man came up to me asking if I was an American.  I said "yes" and he then accused me of being a member of the CIA and started to yell at me.  He was starting to get aggressive and waving a finger in my face.  I had Maisey in my arms so I got a little concerned that I would have to get aggressive.  Thank God, my guide Jenny started to yell at him in Chinese and which gave me time to get into the car with Maisey.  He then kicked our guide and then several men nearby came to her aid.  We were able to get out before anything happened.  Although now I will need to call Langley and tell them my cover has been blown.

7 comments:

  1. I love the cute hair accessories, Lisa! Maisey is soooooo adorable!!! Loving your updates, keep them coming!!!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pictures! She looks so strong! Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always knew you were a spy...my suspicions have now been confirmed.

    Great pics...hug the peanut for me!


    Xo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the photos, esp. the one with Steve and Maisey walking -- she's a tiny little one to be walking and using the potty! What a cutie! Hope your days are going well.
    Love,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SO much for sharing your story and keeping us up to date. Your stories of joy continue to bring tears to my eyes. It has been an amazing journey and adventure to follow. We praise God and are rejoicing with you in the addition of Maisey to your family. I love the pic of Maisey on Lisa's lap in the car and the pic of Maisey walking with Steve in the park. Can't wait to see you all!!

    Love,
    Mavis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jake says to Maisey "Welcome to the family Maisey. You have a big family that loves you". Love Jake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seth says to Maisey "I hope you have a safe trip home; and I wish you were home already". Love Seth

    ReplyDelete