Word could not describe

Word could not describe
Citizen Maisey at Lincoln Memorial

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Making Room for Maisey

As a Dad, you seldom get that "nesting" instinct that Moms get. But this time I got an overwhelming urge the make sure we got Maisey's room ready. For me, that meant painting the walls and assembling the furniture. I got the urge to "get 'er done" two weekends back. I just decided that now was the time. I kept saying to Lisa that Maisey is coming in early August. I've been saying it for quite a while. I don't know why I knew, I just did.

Let me just say that I hate painting, but God has a sense of humor and has gifted me with a great talent for painting. So, to paraphrase Eric Liddell (Olympic runner from Chariots of Fire) "God made me good at painting, and when I paint I feel God's pleasure." Okay, maybe that a touch over stated, but suffice to say the room came out great. We decided after two boys we wanted to do something different. Very different. No pinks or Barbies or anything like that, but instead a cultural theme. We have dragon flies, flowers and even a Chinese lantern. We hope our Maisey enjoys the new digs. Photos below.

--Steve

1 comment: